St. Stephen's Castle

St. Stephen's Castle

Retreats | Retreats Palamós

St. Stephen's Castle

Palamós - Girona

St. Stephen's Castle

St. Stephen's Castle sits on the top of a cliff in Palamósbetween the beach of L[category_link=La Fosca,c=,t=title]882[/category_link] and[category_link=786,c=,t=title]cala s'Alguer[/category_link].

The first documents cite in the 13th century when Albert sa Bruguera, bought it in the Seu de Girona in 1277, belonged to the parish of Santa Eugenia de Vilaroman.

THE Castle was built on a Roman villa, which in the war of the Remensas was defeated almost entirely, leaving the few ruins that today we can find. Some of the towers and remains of the wall are preserved.

It is accessed via a path that starts at La Fosca Beach, so it is surrounded by metal fences, preventing access to pedestrians.

It is an option to visit after a stroll through the coastal area of La Fosca, as it is near the Casa Vilahur of tourist interest.

This area has been declared of cultural interest in the Baix Empordà region and of cultural interest in the province of Girona.